The Department of Sociology invites applications for a tenure-track position at the assistant professor rank beginning in August, 2023. While our aim is to welcome in a new faculty member at the assistant level, we would consider a current advanced assistant professor for the associate level in special situations. The successful candidate will have a primary appointment and tenure home in the Department of Sociology, will teach and mentor undergraduate and graduate students, engage in scholarly research, and participate in University and professional service.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in sociology or a similar field prior to the start of the appointment.
- Research specialization is open; however, we are especially interested in scholars whose research is in the areas of race/ethnicity, health and aging, medical sociology, stratification and inequality, education, methods (non-specified), organizations, political sociology, or economic sociology.
- Open until filled; deadline for full consideration is September 2, 2022.
- For additional details and to begin the application process, please go to https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/514684/assistant-professor-of-sociology
- The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Diversity and inclusion are primary values for the Department of Sociology as well as other units on campus and are integral to achieving our strategic goals. We seek a diverse set of faculty candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion across all spectrums.
- Contact for Job Seekers: Ivan Ermakoff, email@example.com